Note: SDManager is no longer updated and supported. The latest version may be used under the freeware license terms.SDManager is a tool set for administration of ACLs (Access Control Lists) on Windows systems. The following functionality and features are implemented:
This application was designed for Windows NT 4.0. All ACLs are created fully compatible to the tools coming with this system (explorer, regedt32, sacl). It works on Windows 2K/XP as well, however, you cannot control all settings and features then (e.g. propagation of inheritable permissions).
- Full feature support via command line (SDProcessor) or GUI (SDEditor).
- Reading, replacing and modifying of access permissions, audit settings and owner.
- Supported objects: Files, directories, shares, registry keys, printers, services.
- Support for explicit SID notation (e.g. to remove deleted accounts from ACLs)
- Local and remote access to ACLs.
- Object browser.
- Shell extension for file context menus (optionally).
- Copy/Paste support for access list entries.
- Wildcard support for batch processing.
- Backup support for ACLs.